[Salt Lake City]: (c.1890). Trade card [8 cm x 11.5 cm] printed on both sides. Near fine. Item #8657
Trade card for Salt Lake City's Valley House, which was located at the corner of South Temple and West Temple (the present-day site of Abravanel Hall). The building was originally constructed by Wilford Woodruff upon his arrival to the valley in 1847. It was converted into the Valley House Hotel in the 1870s before being demolished in 1915 to erect the Bamberger Bus Depot. The reverse prints 'Information for Tourists' which contains a brief description of the Temple Block, the Salt Lake Theatre, ZCMI, Fort Douglas, and other points of interest.