Item #8209 Entrance to Ogden Canon. W. A. Adams, Charles J. Adams.
Entrance to Ogden Canon
Adams, W. A. and Charles J. Adams

Entrance to Ogden Canon

Ogden: Adams Brothers, Photographers, (c.1890). Boudoir cabinet card. Albumen photograph [18 cm x 11.5 cm] / [7 " x 4.5"] on a cream mount [20 cm x 13 cm] / [8" x 5"] Adams Brothers backstamp. Rubbing to corners of mount with minor age toning. Nice contrasts. Item #8209

Image shows the mouth of Ogden Canyon with a dirt road along the left with a wooden bridge near the center of the image. Adams Brothers' photographs are rare.

Charles Jesse Adams (1858-1919) and his brother Willis Adelbert Adams (1854-1932) were raised in Elkhart County, Indiana. As young men then ventured to Nebraska and Colorado, before arriving in Ogden, in the summer of 1883. They operated photography studios in Park City and Ogden from 1885 to 1891. After their photography careers Charles became a successful farmer and fruit grower in Weber County, and Willis A. continued his art career and exhibited his oil paintings throughout the region. His home in Sugarhouse 'Lawnbroke' is now the site of Fairmont Park.

"During Messrs. Adams brothers brief stay in Ogden, they have won an enviable reputation both as photographers and gentlemen. In business they are enterprising, courteous, and accommodating. They adhere strictly to business, also, and do not court political or polemical controversies, thus, ensuring themselves not only entire success, but also warm place in the favors of the general public." - Ogden Herald (01/01/1886).

Price: $250.00

See all items in Utah
See all items by W. A. Adams, Charles J. Adams