19th century Colorado and New Mexico Camping Photograph Collection
[Raton, NM]: 1897-1899. 36 silver prints [9.5 cm x 12 cm] / [3.75" x 4.75"] on curved gray Kodak decorative mounts [14 cm x 17 cm] ] / [5.5" x 6.75"]. All 36 have manuscript identifications and description on the back in black ink. A few mounts show minor rubbing and discoloring at extremities one mount chipped at the head. Some images have gentle oxidation and fading.
- Our Home Raton New Mexico
- New Store built for us in Raton 1898
- Out for a Drive, By reservoir on Chico Rico, New Mex. 1898
- Out for a Drive. Sugarite Canon 1898.
- A pretty camp on mouth of South Fork Conejos River Colo. 1898
- Scene on Conejos River on mouth of South Fork Colorado. 1898
- Camp above Falls on Conejos River Colorado 1898
- Conejos River above Falls Colorado 1898
- Conejos Ri[ver] above Antonito from Bridge, 1897
- Our camp on shore of Lake, on Lake Fork of Conejos River. Colorado 1898.
- Lake, on Lake Fork Conejos River Colo 1897.
- Boat riding on Conejos Lakes. 1898
- A bit of tough road on Conejos River men holding wagon on road by Poles. 1898
- Camp scene on Elk Creek Colo. 1898
- Mr. Davies and our Camp on Elk Creek. 1898
- Dinner on Elk Creek 1898
- Head of San Juan River + Continental Divide Colorado 1897
- Scene on West Fork San Juan River Colorado 1898
- Hours Lake. West Fork San Juan River Colorado 1897
- Engine Rock on East Fork San Juan River 1898
- Our camping outfit on East Fork of San Juan River. Colorado 1897
- A grand + wild spot above Hot Springs on San Juan River, Colorado 1897
- San Juan River as it flows through Park in Pagosa Springs, Colo 1898
- Our Partner, Whistler’s camp in Park Pagosa Springs Colo. 1898.
- Harvey mounted on a Rocky Mountain Canary. Pagosa Camp in Park Colorado 1898
- Our friend Jon Blake’s House Pagosa Springs Colo.
- Up in Brazos Gorge Showing Side Walls 1898
- Whistler fishing in Mouth of Gorge on Brazos. 1898
- Harry + Sallin + Shep packed Brazos River Camp 1897
- Sallin + her friend at Lake Camp Colorado 1897
- Our beauty in morning. Camp on Brazos. 1897
- Your humble servant, with a nice trout in tow. Mouth of Brazos Canon 1898
- A few Rabbits + Ducks on Crow Creek 1898
- Palisades in Cimarron Canon on Cimarron River New Mex. 1898
- Our camp on Sulphur Spring Cimarron Canon, 1898.
- Flume on a draw on top of Sanga De Christo Range. Colfax Co. Part of a ditch 54 miles long. Used for Hydraulic mining. Item #7339
Nice collection of late 19th century images showing intentional camping and recreating in southern Colorado and northern New Mexico created by a family in Raton, New Mexico. Images of camping, riding, hunting, fishing, boating, etc. All views are nicely identified.